I drank Vitamin Water all through my pregnancy. It’s delicious. Then I figured out how much sugar I was consuming and stopped. Now I drink Bai 5, which is sweetened with Stevia. I get bored, though, so I’m always looking for other things to drink. (I drink more than Bai 5, but I think you get my meaning.)
When I ran across this recipe, I was thrilled. Another drink that tastes yummy and is still healthy!
- 2 cups watermelon, sliced into 1″ cubes
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 red grapefruit, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 12 mint leaves
- 2 quarts water
- sparkling water (optional)
- Combine the fruit, cucumber, mint leaves and water in a large pitcher.
- Place in the fridge and let infuse overnight.
- To serve, pour infused water into glasses filled halfway with ice. Spoon in a piece or two of fruit for show, and top with a splash of sparkling water (optional).
This recipe can be altered to your own family’s tastes. I’d call this more of a guideline than an absolute list of ingredients.
Have you made this or a similar homemade vitamin water? Did you use different ingredients? Tell me in the comments!