There are not many things I like better in life than taking a bath. It might sound corny, but I’ve always been a fan of baths, and once the jetted tub I bought is installed, life will be even better. One thing to keep in mind with these types of recipes is to know whether or not they pose a danger to your tub if it does have jets. Consult your owner’s manual.
If you can use these, though. Do it. Totally simple to make, and lavender is one of the best essential oils for relaxation. There is no downside that I can see beyond checking your manual if you have a whirlpool tub. On with the recipe!
- Epsom salts
- 100% pure lavender essential oil (not fragrance)
- Dried lavender (if available)
- Mason Jars or whatever other container you want to use. It should be airtight for best results.
1. Fill each container about halfway full of Epsom salts.
2. Add 10-15 drops of essential oil, replace lid, and shake.
3. Remove the lid again, add 1 tablespoon of dried lavender flowers, replace lid and shake (again).
4. Add more Epsom salts to full the jar then (you guessed it) replace the lid and shake shake shake.
5. Optional: download and print these freebie canning labels to dress up the jars.
*** This recipe is originally from Garden Therapy. It’s a great website with tons of information for chronic illness warriors and others too!