Anyone with a chronic illness needs to practice clean eating habits. This is a fruit salad that hits just about every good thing – vitamins, minerals, and more.
Honey Lime Rainbow Fruit Salad
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 lb fresh pineapple, diced
- 12 oz fresh blueberries
- 12 oz red grapes, diced into halves
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges in juice, drained well and sliced into halves
- 2 ripe bananas, diced*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest (zest of 2 medium limes)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together they honey, lime zest and lime juice. Pour over fruit just before serving and toss to evenly coat (as it sits for a few minutes the juices will gather at the bottom, so toss again before plating).
- *The bananas aren’t pictured. I decided to add them later on because I love the sweet flavor they add.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
This looks so good, I may have to go out to the store tonight…
Have you made this? Tell me how you liked it in the comments!