DARK CHOCOLATE AVOCADO FROSTING
This Dark Chocolate Avocado Frosting recipe is so easy! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients:
- 2 med/large ripe avocados (2 ½ small avocados), peeled and pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted coconut oil will give you a silkier texture, but un-melted works okay too; also, other oils will be fine if, like me, you don’t like coconut)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- Add avocado to a food processor fitted with an S blade and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape the sides with a spatula a couple of times. (Add the maple syrup on top of the cocoa powder to keep the dust down.)
- Use immediately or store in fridge until ready to use. Frosting should be okay in the fridge for a couple of days.
And voilà! You have a decadently dark and creamy frosting with just the right level of sweetness. You’d never guess it’s made with avocado!
Now you just need to find a delicious cake to use this frosting with! How about this one? Want to see a pic?
If you make this, let me know how it is! When I made chocolate mousse from avocados recently, no one was the wiser and the dessert was absolutely delicious. I totally want to make cupcakes now!