RECIPE: Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- ½ cup nonfat or lowfat strawberry Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup ice (only if using fresh berries)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (or Bullet, food processor, etc.) and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired. Enjoy immediately!
NOTE: When you make this smoothie, be sure to use frozen strawberries to get the thick and frosty consistency without needing to add ice. If you only have fresh berries on hand, add about 1/2 cup of ice so that you can get the perfect thickness.
After you drink your delicious smoothies, try sharpening your child’s imagination with some Legos! My husband is a “collector”, in that he has boxes and boxes of every size and shape imaginable. We’ve purchased a bunch of the Lego Friends sets made for girls, and my daughter and my husband will sit there for a couple of hours making up entire cities. I believe this has enhanced not only her imagination, but her fine motor skills too.