5 Ways to Distract Yourself from Pain
We all have days where it feels like your entire being is your pain. On those days, we need to face facts that we might not get much done. If that’s the case, we need to find ways to distract yourself from the pain. Here are five ways:
- All-New Fire HD 8, now with up to 12 hours of battery life, 2X the storage, and 50% more RAM for faster performance – made for all day entertainment
- Stunning 8″ HD display (189 ppi / 1280 x 800), a fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, stereo speakers with Dolby Audio, and rear and front-facing cameras. Available in four colors.
- Coming soon: Alexa, a cloud-based voice service that provides quick access to the entertainment you want, including music, games, audiobooks, and more. Ask questions, shop, find news, weather, and more – just press the home button and ask.
- Amazon Underground, a one-of-a-kind app store experience where thousands of apps, games and even in-app items are 100% free – including extra lives, unlocked levels, unlimited add-on packs and more
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle e-books, apps and games – including Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Pandora and more
- Prime members can choose from thousands of Prime movies and TV episodes to download for offline viewing – at no additional cost
- 16 or 32 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 200 GB of additional storage.
- Design Your Own Superhero Mask
- Make your own superhero mask and you’ll be on your way to all kinds of adventures
- Kit includes: felt mask, felt shapes, felt sheets, glitter glue and craft glue
- If you feel like a mask is not enough, you can also make a cape
- $19.99 ($35.99 for the cape)
- Join or Use Amazon Prime Membership
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits. For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.
- FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery.
- Prime Now: Get FREE two-hour delivery or scheduled delivery on over 10,000 items, from groceries to electronics and more. Plus, get free delivery from your favorite local stores. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information go to Prime Now.
- Restaurant Delivery: Get FREE one-hour delivery from popular restaurants with Prime Now. Available in eligible zip codes only. For more information, go to Prime Now.
- Prime Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Video.
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. For more information, go to About Prime Music.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive. For more information, go toAbout Prime Photos.
- Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box. Prime Pantry orders cannot be shipped to addresses in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
- Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials.
- Amazon Dash for Prime: Never run out of your favorite products with Amazon Dash Button. For more information, go to Amazon Dash Button.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and new events on MyHabit.com. For more information, go to About Prime Early Access.
- Kindle Owners’ Lending Library: access to members in the U.S. For more information, go toKindle Owners’ Lending Library
- Kindle First: Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.
- Audible Channels for Prime: Get access to Audible Channels, a $60/year value, for free. Audible Channels includes unlimited listening to original audio series and playlists handcrafted for every interest. You’ll also receive access to Prime Exclusive Audiobooks, a collection of streaming audiobooks including best sellers, family favorites, celebrity-narrated classics and more. Just download the free Audible app and sign in with your Amazon account to start listening.
- Video Add-On Subscriptions: Members can purchase Video Add-on Subscriptions to premium content providers. Browse available Video Add-on Subscriptions, or manage your existing subscriptions.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family: These include 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry. For more information go toGet 20% off Diaper Subscriptions or About the Completion Discount.
- Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games: Members in the U.S. save 20% on new release physical video games during pre-order through two weeks after launch. For more information, go toPrime Exclusive Savings in Video Games.
- Membership Sharing: Two adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits. For more information, go to About Amazon Households. If you have a paid Prime membership under your personal account you can share your shipping benefits with your Amazon Business user account. Go to Amazon Prime and Business Accounts.
- If you choose to be charged on a monthly basis, your membership charge will be $10.99. If you choose to be charged on an annual basis, you will be charged $99. Prime Video membership is $8.99 a month.
Creatively Calm Studios Adult Coloring Books Set – 3 Coloring Books For Grownups – 120 Unique Animal, Scenery & Mandala Designs. BONUS Weekly Designs For One Full Year!
- OVER 120+ IMAGES TO COLOR: These Stress Relieving Patterns Can Be Colored By Beginners And Enthused Experts Alike. Our BONUS Weekly Images Give A Sneak Peak At Designs From Our Upcoming Adult Coloring Books…
- UNIQUE DESIGNS FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE: We hired the BEST designers from each continent to help us create a one of a kind set of coloring books for adults. See these designs for yourself!!!
- THREE BOOKS WITH BASIC, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED DESIGNS: Our Coloring Books are best sellers for a reason, each book presents a relaxing challenge to the grownups who attempt it!
- A PORTION OF EACH SALE GOES TO CHARITY: Every month Creatively Calm Studios writes a check to various worthwhile charities.
- SOME OF THE THICKEST PAPER ON THE MARKET: We Care About The Quality Of Our Coloring Books For Adults, So We Have Ensured That Our Pages Do Not Bleed Through When Using Gel Pens, Markers, etc…
- Remote with headphones and gaming
- 2000+ streaming channels – free, subscription, rent & buy
- Search across the most channels. Great with mobile devices.
- Roku 3 works with virtually any TV with an HDMI® connection. You can plug your Roku 3 directly into your TV or receiver depending on your preference.
I realize there’s a price on all these products, but hopefully some or most are products you already own. My main aim in this post is to remind you of the things around you that might give you the most distraction while you’re in pain.
The Kindle and Roku are both self-evident – books, movies, and TV. The superhero mask and cape may seem silly, but bear with me. We’re all superheroes in this fight, right? So why shouldn’t we have a mask and cape? Plus, this is something you can do with your kids. Being with your children when you don’t feel well can be exceptionally difficult, but with this kit, they can help you! It’s recommended for ages 3 and over, so you don’t need to worry about giving them something dangerous.
Amazon Prime can also be a great distraction. After all, so many things are included, like Prime Pantry, Prime Movies, and Prime Music. Also, there’s the Kindle Owners Lending Library, which will help fill up that Kindle for distraction purposes. If you prefer audiobooks, you can have access to Audible.
Adult coloring books have been a lifesaver for me. I’ve gone through several already, and have more to go. When I need peace and quiet, and can’t handle reading, coloring is my go-to method for distraction. You’ll need pens, colored pencils, and/or markers, depending on your preference.