RECIPE: Pumpkin Breakfast Bread
Breakfast is important for chronic illness warriors. Many of us follow a Paleo diet, and eggs can be pretty boring when they’re the foundation of breakfast. This bread is Paleo and grain-free.
Calories: 260 calories
Fat: 17 grams
Carbs: 22 grams
Protein: 11 grams
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
* 3 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
* 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
* 1 teaspoon coconut oil
* 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (dash each of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves)
1. Break egg into large microwave-safe coffee mug. Gently beat with fork.
2. Mix in pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, and flaxseed meal.
3. Microwave on high for two minutes, but watch to make sure your muffin doesn’t rise over the top of your mug.
4. Either eat your muffin out of the mug, or flip it over on a small plate and sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top.
You’ll notice these say two minute, microwave. What could be better than that?