RECIPE: Paleo blueberry muffins
Recipe courtesy of Paleo Crash Course
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (can substitute another kind if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk (can substitute another kind if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (vanilla beans can be used in place)
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries
- First preheat an oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat the honey, vanilla, coconut oil, coconut milk and the eggs together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix in.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly divide the mixture into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Serve & Enjoy
- If you prefer you can replace the coconut milk with almond milk or a similar paleo friendly milk.
- Make sure you beat the liquids together well so they are well combined. If you don’t you may end up with a mixture that doesn’t work very well.
- It’s important to know that these paleo blueberry muffins or any kind of paleo baking can be very hit and miss. If you’re having trouble getting this recipe to work be sure to check out video above.
- If you find your muffins are starting to burn on the outside but are still uncooked in the middle. Then you should try covering them in foil. This will help stop them from browning any further whilst allowed the mix to continue to cook.
- If you can get your hands on any fresh berries, then frozen will work just as well.
- You should be aware that vanilla essence contains alcohol for those trying to steer clear of anything that is not 100% paleo friendly then I recommend using vanilla bean. Vanilla bean is slightly more expensive but is totally worth the money.
If you’re curious to how many calories that a single muffin has in it then you can find all the information you need below. This information has been calculated using an online tool so it may not be 100% correct. However, it should give you a great indication on whether or not you want to include these delicious muffins in your diet.