DISEASE MANAGEMENT: Chronic Illness Gift Guide, part 3
I’ll be writing some posts over the next few weeks about things you can give to your loved one battling chronic illness. One post would be quite long, which is why I’m splitting it up. Here’s part 1. And part 2. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment and I’ll research the idea.
These are products and services that relate directly to helping manage chronic pain and illness. They have been hand-picked with exactly that in mind.
- Sunbeam Large Heating Pad: $33.14 I am using this heating pad right now as I work. I use it every day. It’s larger than any other heating pad I’ve owned, and has more settings. I’ve been using heating pads for years, and this is, by far, my favorite. Reviews are quite good, too — nearly 6,000 of them. The Sunbeam large heating pad appears to be the mack daddy. I approve.
- Himalayan salt lamp: $24.99 I own four salt lamps, but I like this one best. The warm glow of the rocks is especially comforting, and knowing the lamp is cleaning the air around me through emitting negative ions makes me happy. Negative ions reduce the effects of: dust, bacteria, pet dander, radiation, odor, insomnia, allergies, sinus, depression, migraines, anxiety, fatigue, colds, ADHD, and asthma. There are many, many different Himalayan salt lamps on the market, some of which are not genuine, but this is.
- 120 marker set: $14.99 Here’s a more fun product for us! These are washable markers with a fine tip. Like many markers, these do bleed through, so keep that in mind if you’re using them for adult coloring books. Most of the reviews for these are good. I own them, and after coloring lots of pages, they’re finally starting to wear out. Overall I think they’re a good value for the price.
- Creatively Calm Studios adult coloring books set – animal, scenery, and mandala designs: $19.97 Related to the last item…these three books have 120 designs to color. I don’t own this product, but it’s on my wish list. It says there are designs from beginner to advanced, and the reviews are excellent. I tend to go through coloring books pretty quickly, and having three to choose from would be great!
- EZOff Jar Opener: $14.95 This product gets great reviews. It might not be as fun as some of the other products, and doesn’t seem to be a big deal to many people, but those of us with hand and arm pain find a product like this to be a lifesaver. Oftentimes we’re trapped in our houses and have to cook for ourselves. A seemingly simple task like opening a jar can be very difficult for people with rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic conditions.